I wanted to introduce (or reintroduce you) to a website to help students create wonderful digital stories. Students take artwork created noted illustrators and comic creators and connect it to stories they have created or use it to create new stories simply inspired by the artwork. This can be done individually or in small groups.
Click on the picture below to access the Storybird.com website.
1. Sign up for a Storybird account by entering a valid email address and password. You must also agree to the Terms of Service.
2. Click on the "Create" tab.
3. Browse through the artwork to locate artwork that will inspire your creation.
4. Once you've selected your artwork, click on "Start your Storybird." The site will guide through the creation process.
5. Save your work for later editing or sharing.
As far as free creative websites are concerned, this is a really nice one for focusing on the collaboratvie writing process and easily lets students to take turns in creating a digital story. It allows for teacher help in the editing process and also gives the option of keeping a story private until the student is ready to share it.
The artwork featured on Storybird is quite beautiful and should inspire students to write and share wonderful stories.
If you would like some help starting up on Storybird, drop me an email.
Have a great week!