- Basic keyboarding
- Logging in and logging out
- Saving documents and retrieving them later
- File and folder management
- Saving pictures and providing attribution
- Paragraph creation, line spacing, title centering
- Using spell check and other Word tools before copying and pasting to blogs, etc
And the list goes on.
I searched around a bit and located several basic tutorials for elementary level word processing skill development. Steve Ignacio, a technology teacher at Eagle Mountain-Saginaw I.S.D. in Fort Worth, TX provides a beginning of the year mini-course for grades K through 5. Here is the link: http://www.emsisd.com/page/904 . Much of what he presents has been already seamlessy rolled into your September and October schedules using topics and creative assignments that parallel what you are covering in your classroom.
If you have thoughts or areas that you would like to shore up using LMC instruction, please drop me an email and we can develop our own topic-specific tutorial for you class.